When God Seems Far Away
His Hope Rests in High Places
Do you feel utterly defeated? Convinced that the Lord has abandoned you to your struggles? I only have one word for you to hold on to in your time of uncertainty. . . your time of craving and need.
Life sucks. Life isn't fair.
Trials will come. Christians aren't safe from themselves or no one else for that matter.
How are we supposed to respond to trials and tribulations? Hard times? Poverty? Illness? Pain?
- Be joyful
- Trust God
- Ask God for wisdom
- Be faithful
- Be steadfast
- Remember temptation does not come from God
- Be quick to hear, slow to speak
- Do not be deceived
- Be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures
- Slow to anger
- Be Meek
- Be doers of the Word, not hearers
- Bridle the tongue as to not deceive your heart (religion)
- Definition of pure and undefiled religion before God: visit orphans and widows in their affliction and to keep oneself unstained from the world
- Show no partiality
- Love your neighbor as yourself
- Faith without works is dead
- The tongue is a two-edged sword
- Resist the devil and he will flee
- Draw near to God and He will draw near to you
- Humble yourselves before God and He will exalt you
Can you answer these important questions?
Why would Christians need to be warned to prepare for trials? To suffer?
Why would their worldly body fight holiness and become sick or filled with pain?
Why would Christianity be a target for persecution?
Why would Satan care about a Christian living for God?
- Do you remove yourself from the situation if it's volatile?
- Do you hold your tongue or say something?
- Do you seek pastoral guidance for a situation in the church or home?
- Is it time to see a physician or counselor?
- Do you need laying on of hands and prayer?
- Do you need to learn more about prayer or praying with direction and power?
- Do you need to figure out how to access the power and fellowship of the Holy Spirit?
- Have you learned what your gifts of the Holy Spirit are?
- Are you praying enough or asking for prayer?
- Have you asked for help from the body of Christ or family?
- and on and on and on